THE ROLE: Head of the Regional Program Management Unit (HoRPMU)
Save the Children International (SCI) of WCA Regional Office (WCARO) is recruiting for the Head of the Regional Program Management Unit (HoRPMU). The postholder will oversee the running and coordination of the RPMU, ensures overall leadership, oversight and management of the various regional multi-country and multi-partner programmes.
The HoRPMU will be accountable for the delivery of all regional programs, whilst maintaining relationships with up to 9 countries of operations, approximately 15 partners (at regional level only), 5 Save the Children Members. Finally, the RPMU has the oversight on the internal and external engagement with key stakeholders (Save the Children Members, partners, donors, etc.) involved in the various regional programmes.
- Relevant university degree (International Human Rights and Humanitarian Law, Child Rights, Political Science, Sociology or other Social Science, International Development, etc.)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A minimum of 10 years’ of demonstrated experience in program management and administration, including grants management, financial management, donor compliance and managing complex grants.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing regional and/or multi-country programs,
- Track record in successfully delivering results, engaging and motivating teams via a dual matrix and direct report management
- Strong skills in multiple culture staff management, moderation, conflict resolution and capacity-strengthening / coaching & mentoring approaches
- Knowledge of and proven experience of working in Save the Children’s core sectors: Education, Health & Nutrition, Child Rights programming, Child Rights Governance, Child Protection
- Proven experience of oversight and/or direct working on civil society partner capacity building and strengthening programmes in line with localization agenda and children rights promotion
- Solid experience in working collaboratively through equal partnerships
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in directly managing large programs funded by major donors: EU, US, European national donors, etc.
- Excellent written and spoken level of French and English
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of an organisation
- Proven excellent skills in program performance and quality monitoring and reporting.
- Proven excellent skills in multi-stakeholder management, both internally and externally, with a strong ability to project strategic vision, adherence and buy-in.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Solid experience in remote management and implementation in complex and insecure environments
- Prior experience working in emergency response contexts or fragile states.
- Solid experience in managing multisector programs
- Knowledge of the localisation agenda and experience working with national partners and capacity building of these
- Capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult working circumstances.
- Experience working on Nexus and conflict-sensitive programming
- Familiar with accountability and feedback mechanisms including for children
CONTRACT LENGTH: Two years renewable
Closing Date: 30th May, 2022
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be reported immediately
Please apply in English using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document including details of your current remuneration and salary expectations for this role. Candidates should apply through the links provided
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=di5zbWl0LjMxNjU0LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ